Cosmos Education Resources
In the course of our work with schools across Africa, we have developed a
number of activities. We are in the process of writing full descriptions of
these, and will make them available for non-comercial use. We hope you find
them useful. Please consider the safety and appropriateness of any activity
before attempting it.
- 2003 Under African
Skies companion volume (PDF, 4MB)
- 2004 Under African Skies
- 2005 Under African Skies Curriculum (PDF,
- 2009 - Zambia
- Mathematics Lesson Plan - Variation
- Mathematics Lesson Plan -
Mensuration (PDF, 116kB)
- Surveying and Trigonometry
- Carbon Dioxide (PDF, 81kB)
- Bridge Building Competition
- Science Activity - Satellites and
Orbits (PDF, 110kB)
- Science Activity - Sound (PDF,
- Science Activity - Encryption (PDF,
- Science Activity - Measuring the Earth
- Science Activity - Kinematics (PDF,
- Science Activity - Parallax (PDF,
The following web sites may be of use to teachers wanting ideas on science
and maths subjects. Cosmos Education is not responsible for the content of
external websites. Please consider the safety and appropriateness of any
activity before attempting it.
In Kenya, Cosmos Education Kenya is Registered Society No. 26710.
In the United States, Cosmos Education is a Project of The Tides Center, a 501(c)3 non‑profit organisation.
In England and Wales, Cosmos Education UK is Registered Charity No. 1100278
Cosmos Education Zambia is registered under the Societies Act in the Republic of Zambia, Registration No. ORS/102/35/3017.